Monday, April 20, 2009
















The front side of the quilt fabric was "ripped" into strips...another not recommended quick tip...there are long threads all over the place and Assistant Dewey is covered in threads and has also taste tested a few....but in an effort to giddy-yap on this project serveral rules have been broken. The strips were then sewn in to one large piece. As I worked on this I once again reflected on a thought I had a couple of years ago watching my sister teach a quilting class out in Arizona. With rapt attention everyone listen to her talk about cutting up your fabric into tiny little pices and sewing them together into a larger piece. My wandering thoughts conjured up an image of psychotic people madly cutting up little pieces of fabric then madly trying to get them back together..."why cut up perfectly good fabric and sew it back together to make another piece of fabric?" ...thats the whole meaning of quilting....seeing the wonder of parts to make a new whole....prettier then the origanl fabric can stand alone....I digress but in a fun way!

No comments: